Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day ... to Me!!

What a day!! We woke up at 5:00 a.m. to be in Mississauga for my 7:30 a.m. marathon start. Jonathan was great at tracking the course, and with the boys, saw me at the start, twice on the course and at the finish. I was so thrilled with my personal best time of 2:51 AND first place female finish. Results are at http://sportstats.ca/ and an article at
http://www.mississauga.com/article/27116



The Mississauga Mayor, Hazel, with the big trophy.
At this point, I was the second female. The bike alongside me was a great help.

#1 Fans!


Micah warming up with me before the race.





So happy to see my men cheering me on during the race!

4 comments:

cafepress.com/hitsandhobbies said...

Oh my! I'm so proud! Seeing the picture of you and Micah warming up, watching that video clip, hearing Jonathan yell, "Here she comes. Go Mommy! Go Mommy!" just teared me right up. I know you and Jonathan long to honour God in all you do and it just seems like such a great testimony to Him to see all that you manage to do and balance: wife, kids, work, church, family, friends, running/biking/swimming. May God continue to bless you and your family.

The Butlers said...

Wow 2:51 that's a great time. We checked the results this afternoon on the race site. Very impressive breaking the 3 hour mark. Good job!

Graham

Chantale said...

Wow Krista, congratulations.

Our Family said...

Way to Go Krista!!Congratulations! You are an inspiration. How do you find the time to train for a marathon and look after two little ones?